Spilt Nine Patch Baby Quilt

I have been working on a baby quilt this week for a friend who is due next month. She is having a baby shower Sunday. I found the most adorable flannel monkey fabric and just had to get it. I was going to make this a disappearing nine patch quilt. Once I saw what one block would look like I had to change it. It was very busy. I hope she likes this. I am going to make a few bibs and burbs clothes to go with it.


Scrappy Baby Quilt Finished

Yesterday I took this baby off of the wall in my sewing room and finished it. I didn’t take long to quilt it. It was so much fun too. I think I am growing to love the finishing process as much as making the top. This is the first quilt I have free motion quilted. I have done one table runner which is now on Josh’s dresser. I am so excited. It feels great to have gotten it done. There are a couple puckers on the back. I crossed over a few lines here and there. I am not trying to be perfect. I like the messiness of it. Very cute. I am donating it to the Mountain Baby Blankets project.





Homemade Doll

So I attempted to make another doll. This time I made the pattern bigger and gave her some funky pink hair and a heart shaped face. She also has a pretty purple butterfly on her tummy. Joshua asked me what I named her. I told him she didn’t have a name yet and asked him what we should name her. He said to name her Holly. So Holly it is.

Busy day…

Today has been a productive day. I sewed two friendship squares for a swap.

I also sewed together 9 churn dash blocks that are made from 30’s material for a baby quilt. The blocks are from a swap. The only one I made is the purple floral block at the top.


Then the kids and I went out for a while and did yard work. Man was it hot outside. We weren’t out there very long before we had sweat dripping in our eyes. We came in around 11:30am for lunch. It was getting too hot.

After lunch I got brave and started peeling off the wall paper in our foyer. It was an ugly green striped paper. It came off relatively easy. I discovered that there was another layer underneath that. An ugly blue floral. Yucko. So now I have to decide what to do next.