I made this wall hanging for a swap. The theme was flowers. I pondered what to do. I knew I wanted to do something different. This is what I came up with. I appliquéd the vase on using steam light and then satin stitched the edge. I wanted a plain color for the vase. Now I wish I would of done some fancy stitching on the vase. It seems so blah. I stitched the flowers on and then glued buttons or beads for the center of the flowers. The binding was the inspiration for the project. I had a small amount of this flower fabric. It is modern with big flowers. I pulled the colors of the flowers from the print. The finished wall hanging measures about 24 inches squares. I free motion quilted in the background space with a leaf pattern.