I signed up for a swap to make a tote bag with flowers on it. The panel had to have some kind of appliquéd flowers. The pattern called for hand bag handles however I didn’t find any that were just right. So I just made my own handles. The inspiration for the 3D flowers came from a quilt I saw at a quilt show (the only one I have ever been too) back in 2007. In the outer border of the quilt was a vine all the way around the quilt with 3D flowers. It was beautiful and has stuck with me waiting for the right project. I sat down with some 4 inch squares and started folding. Now I just have to make one for myself. The bag is good sized. About 17 inches wide and 14 inches tall.
The other side of the bag is the same. There are 10 flowers total. I used ribbon for the stems.