My Quilting Buddies Mystery Quilt Clue #2

Here is how to cut up the fabric:

Cut 21 4 ½ inch squares from the light pink fabric.

Cut 21 4 ½ inch squares from the medium blue fabric.

Cut 21 4 ½ inch x 8 ½ inch strips from the medium brown fabric.

Cut 21 2 ½ inch squares from the tan and 1st dark brown fabric.

Cut 21 2 ½ x 4 ½ inch strip from the medium pink fabric.

Cut 21 4 ½ inch squares from the dark blue fabric.

Cut 21 2 ½ x 8 ½ inch strips from the 2nd dark brown fabric.

Cut 21 2 ½ x 8 ½ inch strips from the dark pink fabric.

Here is the fabric I am using:

Oh wait, minus the light pink…where did I put it?

DOWN LOADABLE: Instructions

Lily of the Valley Quilted Wall Hanging

I recently showed you a peek of a project I was working on. Well after three long years it is finished. My oldest UFO is complete. It feels great. One more project to cross off the list. I like it. Now that it is finished I have decided that I should of done the sashing in the red instead of the binding. The lily material washes out the pieced blocks. Isn’t that always the way. Once your done you nit pick your own work. I am to critical on myself. So here it is:




Baby Quilt w/ 1930’s Material

I came across some 1930’s material I had bought while going through my stash. I bought a half of a yard of it knowing I would use it some day. This is another material that speaks to the kid in me. I used some of it to make a friendship star block for a swap the other day and thought this would be cute for a baby quilt. So I left it out so that I would remind myself to use it. I recently got my Quiltmakers magazine in the mail. It was sitting on the coffee table so I flipped through it. On the back page I came across a picture of a quilt that jumped out at me. The pattern was called Take 5. The colors were the same as what I wanted to use for my baby quilt. I thoroughly examined the quilt and figured out how to make one of the blocks. I immediately went to my stash and started digging for fabrics to go with the 30’s material. The colors in the material are yellow, a sage green, red, and a little black.

Of course not having the actually size of the blocks I just made up my own. I used 4 1/2 inch squares, 2 1/2 inch squares, and a 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch rectangle. The finished blocks came out to 6 1/2 inches. Once I had 20 blocks made I laid them out on the kitchen table trying to decide on how to sew them together. After a few minutes I came up with the now finished product. I added a 2 1/2 inch border of the red print. The top measures 28 x 34 inches.

Baby Quilt

Here is a close up of the 30’s material and other prints I had to go with it.

close up of baby prints

Here is a picture of it in black and white. I was playing around with the settings on the camera.

black and white