I made this for another “Quilting Buddie”. It is the first big project I have ever hand embroidered. I really enjoyed it. The wall hanging is about 23 inches square.
I made this wall hanging for a swap. The theme was flowers. I pondered what to do. I knew I wanted to do something different. This is what I came up with. I appliquéd the vase on using steam light and then satin stitched the edge. I wanted a plain color for the vase. Now I wish I would of done some fancy stitching on the vase. It seems so blah. I stitched the flowers on and then glued buttons or beads for the center of the flowers. The binding was the inspiration for the project. I had a small amount of this flower fabric. It is modern with big flowers. I pulled the colors of the flowers from the print. The finished wall hanging measures about 24 inches squares. I free motion quilted in the background space with a leaf pattern.
I made this wall hanging for a swap on My Quilting Buddies. The theme was bird/birdhouse. I found the bird panel on ebay and fell in love with it. I just love cardinals and sunflowers. I so wanted to keep it for myself. I used some multi colored thread to quilt the leaves, around the bird, colander, and the bird house.
I also finished this UFO table runner.
I posted recently about a WIP. It is now finished. It took me a day to really think about where I wanted to go. My original vision just wasn’t panning out. Usually I don’t have this problem. A BIG Thank you to those of you who posted helpful ideas. I went kind of quilting crazy on it though. It is for a swap partner who lives in Oklahoma. I hope she loves it.
I wrote the instructions this morning for this quilt. This would make a great lap quilt for someone in the military or a baby quilt.If you can’t download these email me and I can send them to you in a .doc format. firstname.lastname@example.org
I mailed off this beauty this morning to North Carolina. It is twin sized. I quilted in the sashing using a stencil. It is the first stencil I have ever used. I used a white pencil to mark on the black material. It turned out pretty good. It didn’t take as long as I thought it would. So I will definitely try it again. I have one more t-shirt quilt to finish up this week and get in the mail by Wednesday. I will be up late this week. 🙂 I am a glutton for punishment. At least I am getting paid to make them.
I also made a Christmas wall hanging over the last couple of weeks. It turned out so cute. I didn’t want to mail it off to my partner. My Quilting Buddies had a swap using this pattern. Three of us signed up to swap. I would love to make more of them for gifts. If only there were 28 hours in a day. 🙂
I was playing around with some pellon and made these Christmas ornaments. All the fabric is from my scrap bin. It was nice to use up some small pieces. The third ornament is the edges I cut off to make the modern Christmas tree ornament. I stitched them together and thought they looked like a bell. Why waste it right? I stitched a zig zag stitch so that it would look like garland to give it a little more interest.
These Christmas ornaments I made for a swap on My Quilting Buddies. I added the glitter to the fabric.
I clipped the edges of this one like a rag quilt. Gave it a handmade look.
This is what I have been up too for the past few weeks. The reason why I haven’t been on the computer or posting. This time of year is so hectic. Last night I finally was able to get the ornaments on the trees. We put the trees up a week ago. Just haven’t had time to decorate them. We have one in the den where we open our presents. We put one in the living room in front of the window. It looks so pretty from the road. We got that tree at a yard sale very cheap. It was from the 70’s. It is all plastic. No fake needles falling on the floor like our other tree. LOL. I decorated it with all handmade ornaments. I will have to take a picture. They are so pretty.
I recently showed you a peek of a project I was working on. Well after three long years it is finished. My oldest UFO is complete. It feels great. One more project to cross off the list. I like it. Now that it is finished I have decided that I should of done the sashing in the red instead of the binding. The lily material washes out the pieced blocks. Isn’t that always the way. Once your done you nit pick your own work. I am to critical on myself. So here it is:
I finished making this scrappy wall hanging today. I have a bunch of 5 inch charms. So I used them for this. The border material is some civil war reproduction fabric that I love. It measures about 42 inches square.
Here is a picture of the fabric postcards I have received so far. They are hanging in my sewing room.